It’s time to experience how women can contribute to the wellbeing of our planet as an artist!
National Women’s Music Festival is on the lookout for emerging female artists that can enhance and enrich the work being done by women all over the world.
Are you a female artist?
Do you have music to share?
Do you have something to say?
Consider submitting to the 2017 NWMF Emerging Artist Contest where hundreds of women come together and build each other up – a weekend of music and workshops, comedy and emotion. And YOU can be part of it!
To Enter NWMF Preliminary Contest:
Send your Electronic Press Kit (EPK) to NWMFContest@gmail.com
Your EPK should include:
- At least one video (link preferred) of a live performance and any other videos that showcases you as an artist
- Artist Bio
- Artist Promotional Photo
- Links to any social media and/or music sites
- Short paragraph about why women’s music is important to you and society as a whole
- If you are not a solo performer, please list the members in your group
*It is important to note that NWMF is a “women only” stage.
Deadline to enter is March 15, 2017.
The entries will be received and adjudicated by three separate female industry professionals who will narrow it down to three semi-finalists.
If you should be one of the three chosen, you will have the chance to come to National Women’s Music Festival from July 6th -9th to the Marriot Hotel in Middleton, WI to compete, on stage, in the final competition!
For the Festival Contestants
2017 NWMF Emerging Artist FINAL Competition
- One NWMF Festival pass will be provided for each performer.
- One hotel room will be available for each winner during the NWMF dates. (If the winner is a group they will still have one room).
- Each contestant(s) will perform twice before Festival Judges/Audience
- Each contestant(s) will perform at various times/locations in unplugged venues for the festival audience.
- The National Winner will be decided by Festival Judges and audience.
- The National Winner will be announced on Sunday, July 9th.
- The 2017 National Winner will win a regular Main Stage performance spot at the 2018 National Women’s Music Festival.
*Throughout the course of your participation, be sure to embrace the essence of why women’s music is important to the world at large. Consider your audience and what beauty you can bring to your performance through connection and art.